Classified and Public Notice Rates are 25 cents per word for the first week of publication and 20 cents per word for each additional week. A minimum charge of $5.00 for 20 words or less is set for every classified and legal advertisement. Display advertising is accepted at display ad rates. Bring them to 46 2nd Ave., Moundville AL, 35474; call 205-371-2488; or email: email@example.com. DEADLINE is Friday. Holidays excluded. Late Cancelations will be charged as a regular run. Public Notices are also run at https://www.alabamapublicnotices.com at no extra charge.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Sealed bids will be received by the City of Moundville at the office of McGiffert and Associates, LLC, 2814 Stillman Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401, on the 12th day of April, 2018 until 2:00 p.m., local time, and then publicly opened and read for the furnishing of all labor, material and equipment for performing the project according to the plans, details, specifications and Contract Documents. Award of the Contract will be made within forty-five (45) calendar days from the date of the bid opening.
1. The Project shall be known as City of Moundville – County Line Road Water Main Improvements and the general character of said project shall consist of 6” PVC water mains and appurtenances. The project cost is estimated to be $45,000.
2. Plans and specifications and all related Contract Documents are open for public inspection at the office of McGiffert and Associates, LLC, located at Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and plans, specifications and other elements of the contract documents may be obtained from the office of the Engineer, McGiffert and Associates, LLC, designated as the office of the awarding authority for this purpose.
Plans, specifications and Contract Documents may be obtained at the above location upon the deposit of $100.00, which amount does not exceed twice the cost of printing, reproduction, handling and distribution of each set of such documents. Deposits by prime Contractor bidders are refundable in full upon return of all documents in reusable condition within ten (10) days of bid opening. Additional sets of bid documents for prime Contractor bidders, subcontractors, vendors or dealers may be obtained upon payment of the same deposit. Such deposits will not be refunded.
3. All bidders must be responsible, meeting the criteria and requirements set forth in the Instructions to Bidders and bid proposal. The attention of all bidders is called to the provisions of State law governing “general Contractors,” as set forth in AL. CODE 34-8-1, et seq. (1975), and rules and regulations promulgated pursuant thereto. The Owner may not enter into a contract with a non-resident corporation or entity which is not qualified under State law to do business in the State of Alabama. All bidders shall possess all other licenses and/or permits required by applicable law, rule or regulation of the performance of the work. All bidders must submit with their proposal, Contractor’s license number and a copy of the license. State law, AL CODE 34-8-8(b), requires all bids to be rejected which do not contain the General Contractor’s current license number.
4. Each bidder must submit with its bid a cashier’s check drawn on an Alabama bank or a fully executed bid bond on the form that is contained in the Contract Documents executed by a surety company duly authorized and qualified to make bond in the State of Alabama. All bonds, sureties and/or cashier checks will be made payable to the Owner for an amount not less than 5 percent of the Owner’s or its Engineer’s estimated cost of the project or of the total bid in the proposal, but in no event more than $10,000.00.
5. A PreBid Conference is not required for this project.
6. All bidders are advised to carefully read the Instructions to Bidders contained in the Contract Documents, which provisions and requirements are adopted herein by reference.
CITY OF MOUNDVILLE
Tony Lester, Mayor
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
Default having been made in the payment of the indebtedness secured by that certain mortgage and security agreement executed by BARBARA LEE and LEE LEE, both single women, on the 7th day of August 2009, to VANDERBILT MORTGAGE AND FINANCE, INC., as recorded in Mortgage Book 362, Page 326, in the office of the Probate Judge of Hale County, Alabama; VANDERBILT MORTGAGE AND FINANCE, INC., as Mortgagee, by reason of such default having declared all of the indebtedness secured by said mortgage and security agreement due and payable and such default continuing, notice is hereby given, that acting under the power of sale contained in said mortgage and security agreement, and as authorized by Section 7-9A-604(a)(2) of the Code of Alabama of 1975 as amended, VANDERBILT MORTGAGE AND FINANCE, INC., as Mortgagee, will sell at public outcry, for cash to the highest bidder, in front of the Courthouse door, in the City of Greensboro, Hale County, Alabama, during the legal hours of sale on April 18, 2018, the following described real and personal property situated in Hale County, Alabama, to-wit:
Commence at the intersection of the North boundary of Tract G of the Partition of the Estate of Winston Lee, a more particular description and map or plat of which appears of record in the office of the Judge of Probate of Hale County, Alabama, in Deed Book A-54 at Page 344, with the centerline of the existing private road as the same appears on the map or plat of said partition attached to said deed; thence run West along the North boundary of said Tract G a distance of 210 feet; thence run Southwesterly parallel with said road a distance of 210 feet; thence run Easterly parallel with the North boundary of said Tract G a distance of 210 feet to a point on the centerline of said road; and thence run Northeasterly along the centerline of said road a distance of 210 feet to the point of beginning.
INCLUDING a security interest in one (1) 2009 CMH manufactured home, Serial No. CLA057414TNAB;
together with the hereditaments and appurtenances thereunto belonging and all fixtures now attached to and used in connection with the premises herein described.
This property will be sold on an “as is, where is” basis, subject to any easements, encumbrances, and exceptions reflected in the mortgage and those contained in the records of the office of the Judge of Probate of the county where the above-described property is situated. This property will be sold without warranty or recourse, expressed or implied as to title, use and/or enjoyment and will be sold subject to the right of redemption of all parties entitled thereto.
Alabama law gives some persons who have an interest in property the right to redeem the property under certain circumstances. Programs may also exist that help persons avoid or delay the foreclosure process. An attorney should be consulted to help you understand these rights and programs as a part of the foreclosure process.
Said sale will be made subject to any existing Federal Tax Lien, if any, and/or Special Assessments, if any, which might adversely affect the title to the subject property.
Said sale will be made for the purpose of paying the indebtedness secured by the above-described mortgage, and the proceeds thereof will be applied as provided by the terms of the said mortgage. This sale is subject to postponement or cancellation; contact Margery Oglesby at the phone number shown below prior to attending the sale.
Robin E. Pate
Attorney for Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc.
ROSEN HARWOOD, P.A.
2200 Jack Warner Pkwy Ste 200
P.O. Box 2727
Tuscaloosa, AL 35403
3tc/3-21 – 4-4
Default having been made in the payment of the indebtedness secured by that certain mortgage executed by Melody Ann Frank, an unmarried woman, on October 16, 2006, to The Credit Union of Alabama FCU n/k/a Alabama One Credit Union, said mortgage being recorded in the Office of the Judge of Probate of Hale County, Alabama, in Mortgage Book 348, Page 004, the undersigned, The Credit Union of Alabama FCU n/k/a Alabama One Credit Union, as mortgagee, under and by virtue of the power of sale contained in said mortgage, will sell at public outcry to the highest bidder for cash, in front of the Hale County Courthouse, Greensboro, Alabama, on April 17th, 2018, during the legal hours of sale, the following described real estate, situated in Hale County, Alabama, to-wit:
Lot 2 J.A. Stevenson, a map or plat of which is recorded in Deed Book A-66, at Page 476 in the Probate Office of Hale County, Alabama, and reference to which is hereby made in aid of and as a part of this description.
Source of Title: Deed Book A-129, Page 184
This sale is made for the purpose of paying the Indebtedness secured by said mortgage, as well as the expenses of foreclosure. Alabama law gives some persons who have an interest in property the right to redeem the property under certain circumstances. Programs may also exist that help persons avoid or delay the foreclosure process. An attorney should be consulted to help you understand these rights and programs as a part of the foreclosure process.
FOSTER D. KEY
Attorney for Mortgagee
Post Office Box 360345
Birmingham, Alabama 35236
Alabama One Credit Union
1215 Veterans Memorial Parkway
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35404